It’s time we shared a little more of our story with you all. So why not start with the very reason we exist… Did you know that a percentage of our profits go to our very own charity? Each and every time you purchase at Bo+Tee, you’re supporting the work we do in helping vulnerable young people from some of the poorest communities in South East Asia.
At the heart of our brand is The Brannerson Foundation, a Cambodia-based charity. And, every single month a proportion of our company profits are donated here. The Brannerson Foundation was set up by the Oh Polly founders, Claire Henderson and Mike Branney. So far, it’s successfully set up a free English language school, funded scholarships and supported specialist programmes for children in need. Since it began, the charity has donated way over £500K and helped more than 400 children around the Siem Reap region.
Founder and Managing Director, Mike Branney said:
“This private charity aims to alleviate poverty from some of the poorest families in Siem Reap, Cambodia and also provide free education for over 400 children in a small community on the out-skirts. In addition we support several young people through advanced learning through a University scholarship program. The company was formed as a means to supply the charity with a constant revenue stream.”
The aims of The Brannerson Foundation include:
- To advance the education of the Cambodian public in the subjects of English and Mathematics.
- To advance the education of pupils at school by providing and assisting the provision of facilities.
- To assist in such ways as the Charity Trustees think fit any charity in Cambodia whose aim includes education of persons under the age of 25 years by developing their mental, physical and moral capabilities through leisure time activities or otherwise.
- The prevention or relief of poverty in Cambodia by providing: grants, items and services to individuals in need and/or charities or other organisations working to prevent or relieve poverty.
- The prevention or relief of poverty [or financial hardship] in Cambodia by providing or assisting in the provision of education, training, healthcare projects I and all the necessary support designed to enable individuals to generate a sustainable income and be self-sufficient.
Cambodia is a region that is extremely important to us. The activewear brand you know and love was created from our founders’ dreams to support charitable initiatives in Cambodia. A place where they first volunteered as students. Every purchase made helps to support children in one of the poorest regions of the world. And, as the company continues to grow, so does the level of support we are able to offer. Your dedication to our brand and love for wearing our activewear looks is what allows us to keep going, so thank you! Your purchase truly has a purpose.
Over the coming weeks and months we’re making it our mission to keep you all updated with the charitable work we do and why we’re doing it.
Make sure you follow our official Instagram page @boandtee so you don’t miss out!