Listen up students! It’s time to replace those weekly takeaways with our top 3 quick and simple student meals!
Being a student is all about eating well without breaking the bank, you shouldn’t sacrifice great taste for bland, boring meals. Scroll below for our 3 fave simple student meals including the TikTok trending feta pasta, stir fry noodles to suit all and leek & potato soup for those mid-week lunches.
#1. Baked Feta & Tomato Pasta
1 box cherry tomatoes
1 block feta cheese
Pasta of choice
2 cloves garlic
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Throw together the cherry tomatoes, onion (cut into chunks), garlic cloves, olive oil, chilli flakes and salt into a baking dish and mix.
3. Put the whole block of feta into the middle of the tomato mix and bake for 40-45 mins.
4. Meanwhile, cook your desired amount of pasta according to the packet instructions.
5. Add the pasta along with some of the cooking water to the baked feta/tomatoes and mix. Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice.
Voila! You’re done - enjoy this easy student meal!
#2. Stir Fry Noodles
Your protein of choice (chicken/beef/prawns/tofu)
Any veg you have in the fridge, sliced
Soy sauce (or any stir fry sauce)
Your noodles of choice
1. Cook your choice of protein in some soy sauce and keep to the side.
2. Cook your choice of noodles according to the packet instructions, try to keep them a little firmer than you’d like as you’ll cook again near the end.
3. Slice and fry all of your chosen vegetables and garlic in a small amount of olive oil. This can be literally anything from peppers to mushrooms to pak choi and all of the above.
4. Add the protein and noodles to the frying pan/wok with the vegetables and toss everything together with your chosen stir fry sauce, or soy sauce.
5. Once everything is nice and hot, add a squeeze of lime juice and some chopped coriander.
Serve & enjoy! Easy student meals have never tasted so good.
#3. Leek & Potato Soup
3 mugs water
Cube of butter
2 leeks, sliced
1 potato, diced
1 carrot, chopped
2 tbsp double cream
2 veggie stock cubes
1. Melt the butter in a deep saucepan and fry your vegetables for 4-5 minutes until softened.
2. Add the water and crumble in the stock cubes, bring to the boil. Turn down the heat slightly to a simmer and leave for 15 minutes.
3. Using a hand-held blender, whizz until smooth.
4. Stir in the double cream and season with salt and pepper.
5. Serve with some fresh crusty bread.
If you’ve tried all of the above easy student meal recipes and you’re on the hunt for something new, check out our Veggie Meals by Jess Tedds (justjessfood).