Quick Vegetarian Recipes by Jess Tedds
- Team Bo+Tee
Our next guest blogger is here and she’s cooking up a storm! We’re so excited to welcome the lovely Jess Tedds, who you might know better as Just Jess Food (@justjessfood) for her delicious quick vegetarian recipes.
Today she’s serving up the high protein breakfast, lunch and dinner of veggie dreams. You don’t need us to tell you that vegetarian meals aren’t just for veggies and it’s super important to make sure you get your greens. But if you are, you’ll know the struggle to reach that all important protein goal every single day, that’s why we’ve turned to our gal Jess.
So get your shopping list at the ready and the ovens heated to 180, because team, you need to try this! Over to you, Jess...
Hey Locker Room Readers, I’m Jess :)
I started my Instagram almost 4 years ago now where I was able to share my passion for easy home cooking, restaurant recommendations and all things travel.....and a little bit of fashion & beauty here and there!
I’m a self confessed beauty junkie and foodie who loves creating delicious recipes that are super easy and quick vegetarian recipes for anybody to make. My recipes are suitable for everyone where you can tailor almost any of them to suit your dietary requirements, from dairy free, to vegan, to full blown filthy pasta porn, I’m certain you will have a great time scrolling through picking out tonight’s dinner!
I’m delighted to be writing this blog for you guys and putting together my quick vegetarian recipes, including some high protein veggie breakfast, lunch and dinner ideas for you! So here we go…
For breakfast I’m serving my Chilli Cheese Omelette
Time: 10 mins
Handful of grated mature cheddar or Feta
Quarter of a finely sliced red pepper
3 baby tomatoes, chopped small
Large handful of Spinach
Half teaspoon Paprika
Salt & Pepper
1. Pop on your grill at 180.
2. In a small non-stick pan, add a little oil, with your peppers, tomatoes and spinach.
3. Stir for 1 min.
4. Then in a bowl or jug, whisk your two eggs, add in some salt, pepper, paprika then pour into your pan.
5. Reduce heat to low/medium.
6. Move the pan around in circular motions so the egg covers all of the base.
7. After a few seconds, the sides will start to cook, sprinkle your cheese all over then pop under your grill for 3 mins (or until the omelette is risen and cooked!)
8. Slide out onto a plate and serve with some avocado and extra side salad if you wish.
Hot sauce is also recommended ;-)
Note: for a pescatarian option (and some extra protein) try adding salmon!
For lunch, it's my Watermelon, Feta & Rocket salad with Balsamic, Black Olive Pesto & Mint
Next up is lunch and it’s time to freshen up with my ‘Watermelon, Feta & Rocket salad with Balsamic, Black Olive Pesto & Mint’. A light and quick vegetarian recipe to keep you powering through your day.
Serves: 1 large sharing salad
Time: 10 mins
Half a Watermelon
Half Block of Feta
Black Olive Pesto or Tapenade
Large Handful Rocket
Basil infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil (just add fresh basil leaves)
1. Add your watermelon chunks and rocket to a bowl.
2. Drizzle over a little basil oil, crumble over a generous amount of feta.
3. Spoon over little bits of the olive pesto or tapenade.
4. Sprinkle your pine nuts (you can toast these in a pan beforehand if you wish)
5. Drizzle balsamic glaze and finish with lots of freshly chopped mint - Enjoy!
Note: This is a perfect light lunch idea or a side dish for a summer BBQ.
Last but not least, dinner. It’s time to try my Veggie Thai Red Curry
Time: 20 mins
1 can of coconut milk
100ml of vegetable stock
Tablespoon soy sauce
Tablespoon thai red curry paste
X1 courgette or green beans- sliced
X1 red pepper- sliced
X1 yellow pepper- sliced
X1 red onion- finely chopped
X1 carrot- finely chopped
X1 lime- squeezed
X1 washed sweet potato or white potato- chopped into chunks, no need to peel.
Teaspoon ginger purée
Bunch of fresh coriander- roughly chopped
Serve with: brown rice or cauliflower rice or quinoa
1. In a large deep pan with a lid, add some oil and pop onto your hob.
2. Add your onions, courgette, carrot and peppers and stir and fry for 3 mins.
3. In a separate pan, part boil your potato chunks in some salted water for 5 mins on high.
4. Back to your vegetables, reduce the heat and add your ginger, soy sauce & Thai paste - stir well!
5. Now add your coconut milk with your vegetable stock, with a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper.
6. Drain your potatoes and carefully add these to your curry.
7. Simmer everything with the lid on for 10 mins.
8. Now you can cook your rice.
9. Once the curry has finished simmering, turn off the heat, squeeze in the lime and add the fresh coriander.
10. Serve and enjoy!
Make sure you stay in the loop with our latest blogs, collections and exclusive offers by downloading our app today, or by signing up to our official newsletter.